30 May 2010

Memorial Weekend Update

Hey y'all! Whats good in the hood?! Let me get ya up to date with stuff goin' on in MY neck of the woods.

First off: EMERGENCY
Folks very dear and close to me have had the misfortune to be attacked by a known, yet seemingly underestimated enemy to may of us. Termites. They are horrible creatures and everyone out there reading this should get Terminex or some one else to give a free house inspection. Thats right, it FREE. Because the damage done can happen without you even knowing before its too late. Right now, the folks I have mentioned are forced to live on w/o a Kitchen for over a week, while the redoing process is going on. There is no reason why no one should not get a free inspection. That is all.

Next: Screenplays.
Do the names Syd Field or Blake Snyder sound familiar to you? Well, interesting story about how I am getting into them and their work. It's funny when you talk to people, and they happen to have SOME relation to you or your passion, no matter how minute or (on the other end of the spectrum) grandiose it is! The story goes like this: One of the jobs I hold involves occasionally working around people in their dwellings. So, I just happen to mention briefly 'bout my interest in writing for the screen (AKA screenwriting). They instantly had an interesting story to tell. You see there's a couple that were both, you could say, bitten by the creative bug. One was an actress, the other an aspiring screenwriter. Unfortunately for them they didn't go very far in their respective "passions". However this doesn't mean someone else can't benefit from past knowledge learned, only to be bestowed upon themselves?? Right??? So by the end of it all he's telling me about 2 books he has read by the "well respected" Syd Field and Blake Snyder, but he has no use for the literature anymore since he he is sticking to his first love: "massaging." Fast forward months later. I'm now totally getting into the books. They both have different takes on writing screenplays, yet are perfect for beginners like myself; clear, concise and engaging (so far!) You see, I've been into writing for couple years now. Actually since I graduated college, I've been jotting down little ideas that randomly come to my head for ideas for movies. But I never really developed them. In fact for a while I didn't like the idea of writing at all! I thought maybe just directing, or assisting to the direction with just treatments here or there so that someone ELSE could actually formulate them into full-fledged works. However over the next few years that would past, i liked the idea of comming up with good dialouge, and painting visual vistas for the screen on paper. Something inspiring maybe, but different. Something that may not be entirely original yet unique because it has MY point of view, and quirks and that little something that hasn't been quite worded the way I have worded it. So there you have it. Me the Screenplaya! haha

Good night and good luck to you all!
Current weather: 77 degrees at 10:00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment